onsdag 29. september 2010

Case 2.0 - Animation

In this case we are going to make our figure come to life, animation is next. We are going to make three different movements: a walk cycle (Right and Left), a jump and also an idle position. 
My main character is an angler fish and I was afraid it wouldn’t be enough for a proper walk cycle. As it turns out a fish’s swim cycle is a real pain in the a*s. A fish uses the whole body to swim not only its tailfin (legs). So to animate a fish is definitely not easier than an ordinary walk cycle. 


First animation


My early swim animation I moved the fish across the stage frame by frame. I figured out its better to have my figure move at the same place on the stage. When I do it like this it’s easier to know where to draw my “in betweens” and I can later on import the swf-file to any wanted stage. My character is deep sea fish it swims around on the bottom of the world’s deepest oceans. So why should it jump:P Instead of the jump move I decided to make it bite. The bite move is for eating the prays you encounter on the seafloor.


 Second animation

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar